ISO 9001 Purchasing Control Articles
This portion of a quality system usually has a strong integration with the inventory control, document control, design control process, inspection and even management review portions of the quality system. The documents used to purchase parts and services must be revision controlled and must specify any special requirement for the new inventory. The system must account for how to control parts with multiple revisions. Most organizations have a very specific purchasing procedure before they even start an ISO 9001 implementation so we have not included a sample here. For most implementation, organizations edit their existing purchasing procedure to include the following special provisions:
- A system for qualifying and maintaining approved vendors. This should include a system for ranking or marking vendors for feedback into the management review process.
- Special markings and control for products that have a limited shelf-life (like liquids and batteries)
- Special marking for product with special requirement (like hazardous and temperature sensitive parts)
- A system for controlling revisions on the purchasing forms and allowing for the flow of mixed revision parts through the purchasing process.
- The system must be integrated with the incoming inspection system to allow for special requirements. (For example: new parts should receive 100% inspection while stable parts may be inspected based on the probability of failure or critical nature of the part)
Detailed Information About Purchasing Control Articles
ISO 9000 Purchasing Control Although purchasing can be part of inventory control, it is frequently managed by a separate group and should have a separate procedure. Here is a summary of the ISO requirement for purchasing.
Our ISO 9001 Solutions:
Total QMS In A Box Our turnkey solution for the development of an ISO 9001 certified system.
Starter Kit This solution is perfect for those trying to determine the scale of an ISO 9001 certification project.
Gap Analysis This product is for those who need a detailed gap analysis to determine area in the quality system that need upgrades.
Quality Manual Our professional quality system manual can save hours of frustration if you don't already have an ISO compliant quality manual.
Internal Auditing If you need an Internal auditing check sheet, our audit list is one of the most detailed ones in the industry.